Present. Involved. Engaged
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”
– C.S. LEWIS
Your Community voice
Jenny is passionate about Community and believes that authentic representation requires someone who understands, actively listens, genuinely engages and effectively communicates with the people within our region – in order to serve your Community, you need to be actively involved in it!
There is no time for complacency, and our Region deserves a Common Sense Council with fresh, relevant, selfless and determined representation – one that is transparent, authentic and available.
Serving with Integrity, Humility & Common Sense
things that matter
Strengthening Community & Supporting Families
- Advocating for our wonderful community volunteers, providing recognition and support
- Working together & promoting events that showcase our community’s attractions, facilities and businesses, paving a sustainable, safe, healthy, prosperous pathway for our children and generations to come.
- Increase our sense of belonging through promotion of good health and mental wellbeing and the importance of Community.
- Work with all stakeholders necessary to fight for greater safety and security measures within our communities.
- It is essential that all levels of Government work together to achieve the best outcomes for the community. If elected, I will approach both State and Federal representatives to try and coordinate combined ‘listening posts’ within the electorates.
- Provide Opportunities for our Teens and Young people to get involved in their communities, fostering a sense of pride.
- Work collaboratively with Community and Sporting groups to find solutions to ‘Volunteer Burnout’, and effective ways to implement succession planning
Supporting Local Business
- Advocating for our business owners and their employees, and their continuing good health and mental wellbeing
- Supporting establishment of businesses that provide jobs and training for our community;
- Assisting businesses to adapt to changing needs and technologies; to assist in building resilient business communities
- Seek to engage a Small Business Officer to walk through new business owners and start ups in order to get them set up correctly and quickly. The Officer may also to meet regularly onsite with small businesses to connect Business owners to valuable resources and tools to grow their businesses, without significant financial cost.
- Encourage and push for greater recognition for our local produce and Agribusiness. Our local products, combined with our incredible natural resources and landscapes, places us in a unique position of being able to increase agribusiness and agri-tourism, with a sustainable and balanced approach, benefiting our entire region.
Infrastructure & Environment
- Fight for continued progress on infrastructure that increases connectivity between the Coast and Hinterland, as well as the connection between our hinterland towns, specifically in relation to bike paths. Glasshouse to Beerwah needs a Cycle/Walking track now…
- Continue to the fight for resolution of an effective and efficient transit system throughout the entire Sunshine Coast – congestion needs solutions now.
- Maintain balance for sustainable future growth, while protecting our culture, heritage and environment, forging a sustainable future together.
- Advocating for greater education and facilitation for Community Disaster Resilience and Preparedness. Are we ready?
How to vote 1 for jenny broderick
Sunshine Coast Council Election 2020
Date: Saturday 28th March 2020
Which Division am I in?
Use this map to find your Local Sunshine Coast Electorate.
Check my Enrolment
Make sure your Electoral details are up-to-date.